Monday, April 19, 2010

Grandma, it's going to be hard without you. But you've given my family so many memories! When asked if I could share some today the first one that always comes to mind is when you and grandpa went to Alaska. You left with dark brown hair and came back with white hair, not gray, WHITE. I asked you "what happened?" you replied " the Alaskan snow turned it white." I replied with " I'm NEVER going to Alaska!"

I found my lucky "7" ring in my hope chest, which is a tradition I will pass on with my kids when they graduate high school. I thought that ring had so many diamonds in it because you always won so much money in Wendover.

I remember you always called "Henry" for me when we came to visit. There was an overflowing bowl of catfood on the porch, and you always made me our favorite drink: ice water.

You always gave kisses, and my husband, then boyfriend Nick was taken aback. I laughed because I knew that was the first of many and they are wonderful kisses. He loves you and he wishes he could be here.

I remember when we all went out to the Mayan to watch Nick dive. We had great seats on the balcony. Nick dove off of the balcony in his speedo and right before it happened you reached up and pinched his butt!

I always begged my mom to bring me up when you and grandpa were having shrimp!

I always asked for a can of apricot pineapple juice.

I remember my dad "willy" driving my to Levan so you could take me home. I would cry so much when he left,, but you and grandpa always made me feel better. I loved playing Snake Eyes with you on that little table in the kitchen!

Easter egg hunts, which I never found the $1 egg. The little playhouse out back, gardening, Kacey and I bugging the bees outback and he ended up with the a bee in his ear.

Your roses always floating in a bowl. Your "Hello?" on the phone. They comfort me, they give me the strength to know that people can live a happy, wonderfully fullfilling life. Thank you for everything you've done, and everything that I've learned from you. I love you grandma and we will miss you so much!

No comments:


First day of preschool

First day of preschool
September 2008

Birthday night at the Mayan

Birthday night at the Mayan
July 27th 2008

First Birthday

First Birthday

More Pictures

Pictures

Halloween Slideshow

Family Reunion Fishlake 2008

Baby Smith

Disneyland Smilebox